Category Archives: Announcement
Roads and Maritime Services has announced that the second stage of rock fall protection fencing on Bulli Pass will start on 28 August until 3 November 2017, weather permitting. During the closure, local traffic will be allowed from Lawrence Hargrave Drive up to the hairpin bend.
Specialised Geo will be working day and night shifts, 24/7 to complete the work as quickly as possible, to install additional 500 metres of rock fall protection barrier fencing in the area. The fence will be installed high up on the escarpment by using cranes and other lifting machinery from the road. Heavy posts and fencing will be installed without damaging the surrounding rainforest canopy.
The most complex section of fencing, or about 600 metres of the 1.1 kilometre, has been completed during the first stage to prevent potential rock falls. A short video of the project, how the fence will work and the progress of work during the first stage of work in 2016 is available on the RMS website.
Updates for the community and details about the second closure will be available in RMS website. RMS will provide a reminder including detour maps at least four weeks prior to the start of work.
Specialised Geo provide expert geotechnical solutions for civil, construction, mining and maintenance projects throughout Australia. We specialise in difficult, hazardous and inaccessible sites, and use the latest technology, machinery and methodology to provide exceptional solutions for commercial, industrial, government and residential clients.
We are currently seeking expressions of interest from Rope Access Technicians, Arborists and Riggers for our project in the Sydney/Wollongong region for an 8 week contract starting in October 2016.
Responsibilities may include:
- Industrial rope access work as directed
- Tree cutting
- Mixing grout to specification
- Operating equipment such as telehandler, light vehicle and service trucks
- Maintaining all equipment used in day to day work
Applicants will ideally have:
- IRATA Rope Access Technician certification
- Experience in the construction industry
- Experience as Riggers, Arborist or in General Tree Cutting
- Good communication and organisational skills, with an emphasis on team work
- A positive attitude towards safety, training and environment
- Pass a pre-employment medical and drug and alcohol assessment
- Confidence to work at heights and on slopes
- Hold a current drivers licence
- Must have basic computer skills
Skills & Competencies:
- Construction white card
- Rope access certification
- Chainsaw competency
- Riggers ticket
All candidates must have the right to live and work in Australia and be prepared to undergo a Pre-Employment medical assessment. To apply please send Cover Letter and a detailed Resume to Rachel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Mai-Wel Group will be bringing another quality, entertaining and fun night to the Hunter region.
Find out if “Bigger is Better” at the 12th Annual Celebrity Comedy Debate on Saturday, 13th August 2016. The event will be held at the Maitland Town Hall.
On the “bigger is better” side will be stand-up star and writer Tommy Dean, lawyer Catherine Henry of lNewcastle’s Catherine Henry Partners, and the Hunter Valley’s very own actor-comedian and humour therapist Alan Glover.
On the opposing team arguing that “bigger is not better” is International performer and author Jean Kittson, Newcastle young gun and 2013 Triple J Raw semi-finalist David Gairdner, and Newcastle Herald Senior Journalist Joanne McCarthy.
The event will be moderated by David Marchese, ABC News Broadcast Journalist.
Tickets are being sold at $75 each (inc GST) and includes a light, two course meal & entertainment. There will also be live auction and raffle on the night. Entrance doors will open at 6pm. (see Comedy Debate event flyer here)
Specialised Geo is one of Mai-Wel Group Get Started Annual Sponsors for 2016.
Newcastle Cystic Fibrosis Race Day will host the next round of winter racing at beautiful Broadmeadow Racecourse in Newcastle on Saturday, 6th August 2016.
In line with its corporate social responsibility, Specialised Geo is once again sponsoring a race in this one-day charity event, sponsored by Peabody Energy Australia, to raise money for Cystic Fibrosis research.
Everyone can expect another memorable event this year with a with three-course meal for lunch with matching Tyrrell’s Premium wines. Happy Hour will run for one hour after the first race and there will be live music from 2pm in the Broadmeadow Bar.
Ladies can book their place in the Westfield Kotara Spring Fashion Workshop and find out everything their need to get prepped for the Hunter Jaguar Land Rover Spring Racing Carnival with fashion advice from Newcastle’s leading stylist, milliner and beauty consultants.
Event tickets include complimentary bubbles on arrival, canapés and dessert bar along with the fashion workshop.
Check out our memorable photos from Newcastle Cystic Fibrosis Race Day past events:
Exciting opportunities have become available for Senior Site Technician role – Experienced Drillers / Rope Access Technicians at Specialised Geo, to provide geotechnical solutions for our projects within Australia.
We are looking for a skilled and experience professional to fill in the role of Senior Site Technician – Driller/Rope Access technician within the company. To qualify for this role, it is essential that you have previous drilling experience as well as being a team player and a drive to succeed. As a member of the Specialised Geo team, you will be deployed to provide geotechnical solutions for civil, construction, mining and maintenance projects within NSW. We work under the “Zero Harm” policy and expect all our site crew to have a passion for keeping their sites safe and to contribute to a productive team environment at all times.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and driven individual who is keen for a geotechnical civil environment opportunity to be part of a high performing team. As Senior Site Technician, you will be expected to complete all operational and maintenance tasks within the parameters set by the Project Site Manager/Supervisor, and holds the following responsibilities:
- Ensure plant and equipment is maintained to the required safety standards and available for use
- Monitor environmental factors that may affect working conditions and report any risks to your direct Manager / Supervisor.
- Pursue high standards of performance and customer service in order to deliver outstanding results.
Essential factors for Senior Site Technician must include:
- Ability to work in various locations throughout Australia
- Construction white card (or equivalent)
- Working at heights
- Medium rigid truck licence
- Competency in all grouting operations and repair of minor equipment (1,000 hours+)
- Competency in DTH / Top end hammer hydraulic / air 3,000m+
- Level two IRATA or ARRA industrial rope access qualification (1,000 hours+)
- Rockfall mesh placement with crane / rope wheels / EWP / trolley combined total of 20,000m²+
- EWP competency
- RISI Competency (NSW)
To be successful in this role you must display the following:
- Ability to work in remote areas
- Be physically fit
- Ability to complete tasks on time with zero WHS incidents
- Able to demonstrate strong leadership and a consistent temperament at all times
- Ability to work and contribute to a productive team environment
- Ability to work for extended periods of time
- Ability to record performance details and take drill core samples manually and/or using computer
- Exceptional communication skills, including a strong customer service orientation
- Highly organised and able to work efficiently with limited supervision
Specialised Geo commits to offer:
- Competitive rates based on skills and experience
- A great working environment
All candidates must have the right to live and work in Australia and be prepared to undergo a Pre-Employment medical assessment. To apply please send Cover Letter and a detailed resume to email@example.com
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence.