Category Archives: Announcement
Exciting opportunities have become available for Senior Site Technician role – Experienced Drillers / Rope Access Technicians at Specialised Geo, to provide geotechnical solutions for our projects within Australia.
We are looking for a skilled and experience professional to fill in the role of Senior Site Technician – Driller/Rope Access technician within the company. To qualify for this role, it is essential that you have previous drilling experience as well as being a team player and a drive to succeed. As a member of the Specialised Geo team, you will be deployed to provide geotechnical solutions for civil, construction, mining and maintenance projects within NSW. We work under the “Zero Harm” policy and expect all our site crew to have a passion for keeping their sites safe and to contribute to a productive team environment at all times.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and driven individual who is keen for a geotechnical civil environment opportunity to be part of a high performing team. As Senior Site Technician, you will be expected to complete all operational and maintenance tasks within the parameters set by the Project Site Manager/Supervisor, and holds the following responsibilities:
- Ensure plant and equipment is maintained to the required safety standards and available for use
- Monitor environmental factors that may affect working conditions and report any risks to your direct Manager / Supervisor.
- Pursue high standards of performance and customer service in order to deliver outstanding results.
Essential factors for Senior Site Technician must include:
- Ability to work in various locations throughout Australia
- Construction white card (or equivalent)
- Working at heights
- Medium rigid truck licence
- Competency in all grouting operations and repair of minor equipment (1,000 hours+)
- Competency in DTH / Top end hammer hydraulic / air 3,000m+
- Level two IRATA or ARRA industrial rope access qualification (1,000 hours+)
- Rockfall mesh placement with crane / rope wheels / EWP / trolley combined total of 20,000m²+
- EWP competency
- RISI Competency (NSW)
To be successful in this role you must display the following:
- Ability to work in remote areas
- Be physically fit
- Ability to complete tasks on time with zero WHS incidents
- Able to demonstrate strong leadership and a consistent temperament at all times
- Ability to work and contribute to a productive team environment
- Ability to work for extended periods of time
- Ability to record performance details and take drill core samples manually and/or using computer
- Exceptional communication skills, including a strong customer service orientation
- Highly organised and able to work efficiently with limited supervision
Specialised Geo commits to offer:
- Competitive rates based on skills and experience
- A great working environment
All candidates must have the right to live and work in Australia and be prepared to undergo a Pre-Employment medical assessment. To apply please send Cover Letter and a detailed resume to email@example.com
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence.
BOHOGS is holding a technical meeting, with presentations and laboratory tours, at the University of Newcastle on Friday the 22nd of July 2016.
University of Newcastle
Room EF122, Engineering Building (click to view map)
1:00pm – Stephen Fityus: Shear strength of unsaturated minespoil.
1.30pm – John Simmons: design shear strengths for minespoil
2:00pm – Kai Koosmen: Triaxial testing of saturated and unsaturated mine wastes.
2.30pm – Anna Giacomini: Recent developments in rockfall hazard research applied to surface mining
3:00pm – Questions
3.30pm – Tour of Newsyd and Newtracks penetrometer testing facilities
4:00pm – Inspection of Big John large Direct Shear Machine
4:30pm – Inspection of Geotechnical laboratories, with a focus on the unsaturated soils laboratory.
To Rachel Metcalf by 8th July 2016 via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Speciliased Geo Pty Ltd
- Ground Probe
- IDS Australia
- Strata testing Services
- E-Precision Laboratory
River Road is classified as a Regional road which has a traffic volume of around 20,000 vehicles per day. The embankment in question is on the southern side of River Road and supports a section of roadway adjacent to Standish Street and opposite property no’s. 146 to 150 River Road. In this area River Road has three traffic lanes, with two lanes eastbound and one lane west bound.
Lane Cove Council noticed signs of instability in the embankment in the form of cracks and scouring. Council subsequently engaged Jeffery & Katauskas Pty Ltd to do a preliminary investigation to provide recommendations for its stabilisation.
On March 21, 2016, River Road Embankment Stabilisation using Soil Nails at River Road tender for Lane Cove Council has been awarded to Specialised Geo with a tender price of $846,700 (excl. GST).
The crew at Specialised Geo are hosting a beyondblue Bash to help raise money for research, awareness and support for those suffering from anxiety and depression.
In an industry filled with tough, hard-working men it is easy to fall into the trap thinking and believing tough blokes working in dangerous conditions would ever feel depressed and anxious.
This stigma leads everyone to believe it is a sign of weakness in your character and as a result these toxic feelings of doubt, insecurity and self-worth are suppressed, bottled up… joked about when in reality they need help.
Depression and anxiety in men can manifest in other ways such as alcohol and substance abuse, gambling addiction, aggression or fits of rage… overall bad choices that have a ripple effect on loved ones.
This #beyondblueBash is a great time to get our guys together and share a true blue BBQ, have a blue Gatorade or two, and have a basketball shoot-out competition. You never know, it might just have the right impact to bring someone out of a very deep, dark place we never knew they were struggling with in the first place.
Please note that Specialised Geo offices will be closed for the holiday starting 3:00pm Friday, 18th December 2015, and reopens Monday at 8:30am, 11th January 2016.
For any urgent enquiries, email us directly or submit your enquiry through our website contact form. All emails will be monitored during the closure period.
We wish you all the warmest of holiday cheer!