Wanted: Experienced Drillers / Rope Access Technicians
Exciting opportunities have become available for Senior Site Technician role – Experienced Drillers / Rope Access Technicians at Specialised Geo, to provide geotechnical solutions for our projects within Australia.
We are looking for a skilled and experience professional to fill in the role of Senior Site Technician – Driller/Rope Access technician within the company. To qualify for this role, it is essential that you have previous drilling experience as well as being a team player and a drive to succeed. As a member of the Specialised Geo team, you will be deployed to provide geotechnical solutions for civil, construction, mining and maintenance projects within NSW. We work under the “Zero Harm” policy and expect all our site crew to have a passion for keeping their sites safe and to contribute to a productive team environment at all times.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and driven individual who is keen for a geotechnical civil environment opportunity to be part of a high performing team. As Senior Site Technician, you will be expected to complete all operational and maintenance tasks within the parameters set by the Project Site Manager/Supervisor, and holds the following responsibilities:
- Ensure plant and equipment is maintained to the required safety standards and available for use
- Monitor environmental factors that may affect working conditions and report any risks to your direct Manager / Supervisor.
- Pursue high standards of performance and customer service in order to deliver outstanding results.
Essential factors for Senior Site Technician must include:
- Ability to work in various locations throughout Australia
- Construction white card (or equivalent)
- Working at heights
- Medium rigid truck licence
- Competency in all grouting operations and repair of minor equipment (1,000 hours+)
- Competency in DTH / Top end hammer hydraulic / air 3,000m+
- Level two IRATA or ARRA industrial rope access qualification (1,000 hours+)
- Rockfall mesh placement with crane / rope wheels / EWP / trolley combined total of 20,000m²+
- EWP competency
- RISI Competency (NSW)
To be successful in this role you must display the following:
- Ability to work in remote areas
- Be physically fit
- Ability to complete tasks on time with zero WHS incidents
- Able to demonstrate strong leadership and a consistent temperament at all times
- Ability to work and contribute to a productive team environment
- Ability to work for extended periods of time
- Ability to record performance details and take drill core samples manually and/or using computer
- Exceptional communication skills, including a strong customer service orientation
- Highly organised and able to work efficiently with limited supervision
Specialised Geo commits to offer:
- Competitive rates based on skills and experience
- A great working environment
All candidates must have the right to live and work in Australia and be prepared to undergo a Pre-Employment medical assessment. To apply please send Cover Letter and a detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are treated in the strictest of confidence.